The local search is a synonym for all searches for private or commercial contact data in a certain geographic area. The queries can be divided into explicit and implicit local search queries. In this article you will get information about the background and basics of local optimization and learn how to optimize your own websites locally with Ducima Analytics Private Limited.
Hairdressers, supermarkets, doctors, gas stations, restaurants, tax consultants, hotels, car repair shops and many more: Basically, local search engine optimization makes sense for every entrepreneur who has a location where he offers goods or services or receives customers or clients. If your company offers local services and your target group is limited to a regional area, you should definitely take this into account when designing your website and optimize it for keywords and topics with a regional reference.
The explicit queries are searches that combine the search term with a radius query from the start, e.g. taxi in Chennai. In the case of the implicit queries, in the first step only one search term is searched for, for example pizzeria, but in the second step the search results in a local search in which, for example, the closest pizzeria is searched for.
Location as a ranking factor
In order to be able to deliver personalized search results, Google not only uses the entered keywords but also the location of the search person. This can be determined relatively precisely via the IP address, the localization of the WLAN used or with the help of cellular location. The user then receives relevant results from his environment, even if he searches for “Doctor” in general, for example. Google knows that the search for dentists almost always implies a basic regional interest. Local search results are always preferred for implicit search queries, even if the user does not explicitly express the wish for a result in his environment.
From this it becomes clear:
- Search engine optimization is an effective tool for improving sales even for small and purely regionally oriented companies.
- The locality or the catchment area of your business should be reflected in each of your SEO efforts.
- Directory media should remain a central part of your endeavors.
- Nine out of ten consumers use search engines to find services, reviews, and products in their area.
- Local search queries are widespread, especially when you are out and about.
- Most consumers look for business addresses, directions and opening times in this context.
- Users who search for services or products in their area on their smartphones tend to be about to make an actual purchase decision.
On the go, users are looking for Ducima Analytics reviews, products and services that they need and want to buy right now. Since Google includes the location of the user when displaying the search results, companies have the opportunity to address precisely those users who are currently in the vicinity and who want to use the products or services offered. Anyone who appears in the local search with the right information at this moment has a great chance of turning these users into customers.
Local searches in Google Search
Basically, you can roughly distinguish between three different types of local search queries:
- Search queries with location information
- Search queries for a local context usually have
Targeted search query based on company location