What Are The Steps To Turn On Wifi Calling On My Phone? Read On!
If you are someone who has a broadband connection and still face issues when calling from your phone, then wifi calling might just be your saviour. There can be lots of reasons for why your normal phone calls are getting affected, such as bad network, bad tower reception, and more. However, what we can all agree upon is that a bad experience on the telephone can end up having far reaching consequences. Plus, it also adds up to the overall annoyance. Not just for you, but for the person on the other side as well. There are only a couple of times that one can say ‘Hello, am I audible?’ before they finally end the call.
Thankfully, now you have the help of wifi calling to bypass all these problems. Wifi calling is an easy and effortless way to make sure that your terrible call experience gets much better. You just need to have a working wifi connection, and you are good to go.
The technology behind wifi calling is fairly simple too. Here, your phone uses your wifi to place the call, instead of the cellular tower that it would normally use. Now, if you are eager to use wifi calling on your device, you might want to know how to activate the same. Here are the steps mentioned below.
Activate wifi calling on your Android
- Open the phone app on your Android phone.
- Now tap on the top right corner of the phone, where you will see three vertical dots.
- From the drop down menu, click on Settings.
- A new screen will open up for you. From here, you will see the Calls option, in the General Settings section. Proceed to click on it.
- In the new Call Settings page, you will see Wifi Calling. Open it and turn it on. You will see a wifi calling icon on the notification panel on top.
Activate wifi calling on your iPhone
- Unlock your iPhone, and open the Settings app.
- Then navigate to the Cellular button and open it.
- Now, in case you have a dual SIM on your iPhone, you have to select one of them.
- Next, tap on wifi calling and turn on the feature. You will see a button that says Turn on Wifi Calling on this iPhone.
- Finally, you will have to enter or confirm your address for emergency services.
That’s it. You will now be able to use wifi calling on both your Android as well as iOS smartphones. Do remember that wifi calling also depends on the wifi strength and carriers. Some telecom operators may not support wifi calling yet.
Additionally, to check if your wifi is indeed fast enough, you can do a quick wifi speed test. And if you see that the speed is not up to the mark, then it is time to upgrade to a better wifi plan. We suggest going over Airtel’s Xstream broadband plans, which we think are quite good for the price.